Sunday, May 20, 2012

T5 Live In Iloilo City: Rock and Royal

Yes, ignore the title.

If you measure the excitement of me and my friends, it would be equal to the collective excitement of the whole audience.  The story was, we attended last year's T5 Live in Iloilo City and it became one of our most memorable concert experience.  Full story here.

Now that we have that established, I felt like we need to top that event.  We have secured tickets weeks before the event and at the same time scoured VIP's to hopefully recreate the last years event.  However, hours away from the show, all sources ran out of tickets that can get us an open bar and a huge possibility of photo ops. Then I remembered Miggy from At The Womb, announcing that they will be giving away VIP tickets.  I killed all my shame and texted him if he still has tickets he can spare for us.  Fortunately, he still had two tickets and I rushed passed the guards to get the tickets from him.  As soon I saw crowd of people on queue to get in, I was already freaking out because of excitement.

I was exited because of the following reasons:

I will be seeing Urbandub again, after a long time.
I will be seeing Urbandub with Franco on bass.
I will be seeing Urbandub and might get a chance to have a photo taken with them.
I will be seeing Urbandub with my friends who loves the band as much as they love me.
And most of all, I will be seeing  Urbandub.

When I entered the Iloilo Sports Complex the crowd was just building up.  The drinks at the backstage open bar was tempting but the energy of the crowd was even tempting so I decided I will join them.
When Wolfgang took the stage the crowd erupted, obviously glad that it was not raining this time, although it sort of rained because Basti was throwing cups of drink for the crowd to catch.  It also rained of freebies during their set.  My friend, the lucky bastard that he is, won a guitar! And all we could do was have our photos taken with it.  Wolfgang kicked ass.  Seeing them for the second time is like meeting an old friend. I dont know why when they performed their was a certain heaviness in the air that urges you to just bang your head and stomp your feet along to their music.  

Urbandub is by far the second band who has the most lyrics that fueled me to do things and write about them.  When they sung Soul Searching, yes that was exactly what we were doing.  Urbandub started their set with Alert the Armory and the crowd exploded, especially us.  We sung and shouted the lines with burning passion. It is different hearing a song live because it gives you a direct view of how the artist would carry the lines and hearing it along with other people that could relate makes it even more special.  Even if I could see the band right in front of me, I still felt like the audio I was listening to was recorded, that's how good they sound live.  Unfortunately Lalay was not playing with them that night but Franco was their to take over the bass and he did amazing.  When they sung Frailty, I was already out of voice.  They closed their set with A New Tattoo and right then and there our day was made.

When Kamikazee was about to take the stage, we knew we had to move out to the safest place, the VIP area.  Rock n roll results to too much thirst and drinks were just flooding the venue.  Kamikazee and alcohol is a deadly combination, especially on stage.  During the first line of their first song, rain poured down and half of the crowd ran for cover.  It was a bit like last year.  Kamikazee has that special ability to make the crowd go crazy along with them, it is impossible to dissect if it is because of Jay's antics or their music itself or maybe both.  It is also amazing how everyone knows every line of their songs.

I am in love with Rico Blanco.  I want to marry his voice and wake up listening to it every day of my life.  However, that is a fictional story. What was real was he took the stage and made the crowd fall in love.  Oh well, maybe just me and a hundred other girls.  He was so hot that the place became even hotter. I am groping for comprehensible sentences to describe how fun his performance was however I was mainly focusing on how charming his face and his voice was.  Again, if I could spend my lifetime loving his voice, I would.

Parokya ni Edgar closed the show along with all the artists jamming on the stage.  The magic behind Parokya's longevity as a band is that their music is catchy and easily relatable and it shows during their performances, especially that night while the crowd sung along with them.  With all respect to the other artists that night, Parokya owns almost more than half of that crowd.  They patiently waited for their idols to sing their favorite songs.  The brotherhood that their music has created is huge.  It is just amazing.

The show did not top last year, therefore I concluded that the first times are always special because of the excitement and surprise.  The second time around can be spoiled by great expectations.  There are few first times that happened that night and I realized those are the things that made that night special.  With that being said for tours like T5 Rock Royalty, there has to be something new every time to send the crowd home looking forward to the next tour.

And the bouncers should also be a lot nicer, especially to girls.

Overall, I was really happy to see Urbandub again and I went home looking at this photo for hours.
PS:  Thank you Miggy of At The Womb for the tickets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment